Through this conference, we hope to both create a space to share best practices and to have the space, in and of itself, be part of the solution. In past year’s we have achieved as high as an 87% waste diversion rate, encouraged carpooling, provided buses and shuttles to reduce car travel, and more.
For our catering:
- 50% of produce will be locally grown; 20% of all food and beverages will be organic
- 100% of coffee, tea and sugar will be fair‐trade certified
- All food will be seasonal
- All meats will be hormone-free
- Eggs and chicken will be free‐range
- All meals and breaks include options for vegans, vegetarians, pescatarian and those with wheat
- Breakfast, lunch and the Awards Banquet will include a protein for vegans
- All coffee service will come with agave syrup, organic soy milk, organic milk and organic non-fat milk
- Where practical, we will provide signage indicating sustainability factors.
- Our staff will be proactive in communicating where to find vegetarian and vegan dishes
- All serviceware will be compostable (certified as: ASTM: D6400)
- All condiments will be served in bulk containers