The CHESC Steering Committee is launching a new committee member application process this year! Our hope is that by formalizing the process of applying for committees, CHESC can engage a broader variety of stakeholders in the program’s leadership. We are currently looking to fill in a few spots on the CHESC Steering Committee:
- Student of a California Community College (2 year term)
- Student of a Private College or University in California (2 year term)
- Faculty of a Community College in California (1 year term)
- Staff of a Community College in California (1 year term)
- For other positions, we expect to have openings in Fall 2018
The steering committee is the highest-level decision making body for the conference. It serves to create continuity within the conference from year to year. The committee also provide the perspective of all four systems of higher education with connections to a diverse set of campuses and system offices. This helps us remain responsive to our diverse constituency. The steering committee focuses on decisions that affect the core mission, principles, vision, and sustainability of the conference. For more information, please visit the Steering Committee membership and application process page.