The California Higher Education Sustainability Conference (CHESC) invites you to join us for our 19th Annual Conference, which will be held as a virtual conference from July 6-July 10, 2020.
Due to these uncertain times, CHESC is going 100% virtual. We are committed to supporting you with the same level of quality, attention and diligence to which you are accustomed. We are excited to expand campus and industry engagement, offering new and innovative ways for campus stakeholders to share best practices, discuss statewide policy, and lay the groundwork for future policies and programs through our interactive virtual platform.
CHESC is one of the largest conferences in terms of bringing together California higher education sustainability enthusiasts. Within CHESC’s core sustainability mission, campus stakeholders share best practices, discuss statewide policy, and lay the groundwork for future policies and programs. Our events highlight cutting-edge research, as well as case studies with proven successes in curriculum development, operational programs, community partnerships and attendant sustainability procurement.
The California Higher Education Sustainability Conference (CHESC) is one of the largest conferences in terms of bringing together California higher education sustainability enthusiasts.
- Our attendee base represents the diverse stakeholders who work on campus sustainability projects, with more than 72% coming from campuses in California.
- Jointly organized by independent/private colleges, California community colleges, California state universities, and the University of California, CHESC attracted close to 700 attendees in 2019 and is expecting increased attendance in 2020.
- CHESC sponsors develop contacts with the leaders of higher education institutions in California and gain visibility across all four systems of higher education.
Buying Power of California Higher Education
Our annual conference brings a powerful platform for California higher education vis-a-vis sustainability. In terms of capital outlays over next few years, The California Community College (CCC) System which comprises the largest post-secondary system of education in the world (approximately 2.1 million enrolled students, 72 semi-autonomous community college districts encompassing 114 colleges, 77 approved off-campus centers, 24 separate district offices, 24,425 acres of land, 5,951 buildings, and 87 million gsf/52.3 million asf of space, has a 2018-19 five-year capital outlay plan projection. . The “2018-19 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan” includes $21.5 billion in capital facility needs, including $9.1 billion for new construction and $12.4 billion for modernization of existing facilities. The total facilities need for the next 10 years, including the 29.9 billion unmet capital facility needs identified in the five-year plan are estimated at $42 billion. The capital requirements of the University of California system for the fiscal year 2017-18 and the next five fiscal years until 2022-23 are estimated to be $27.6 billion. The California State University system expects a $13.7 billion capital outlay for facilities over the next five years.
Grow your business with the sponsorship of the 2020 Sustainability Conference.
Eligibility and Sponsorship Policy
- The CA Higher Education Sustainability Conference will only accept sponsorships from companies who have or could provide products or services with the potential to advance campus sustainability.
- The CA Higher Education Sustainability Conference does not accept corporate sponsorships for certain categories of products and services, including illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia, weapons, tobacco products or establishments, sexual escort services, or check cashing services.
- The CA Higher Education Sustainability Conference does not endorse, directly or by implication, any products, services, or ideas promoted by sponsors.
If you are representing a non-profit, school, or government agency, please contact Nicola Hesketh at email@example.com or call 206.227.6648 for tailored opportunities. We offer significantly discounted opportunities for non-profit exhibitors.