CHESC 2020 will be our first fully virtual sustainability conference! We are committed to offering our attendees an innovative conference experience which delivers the high quality experiences that CHESC is well known for. Here is some of what to expect this year:
Networking & Interaction
- Facilitated networking opportunities in a “speed-dating” style where you can quickly meet many new people
- Targeted networking sessions to dive in deep with colleagues from across the state on emerging issues
- Interactive attendee directory
- Online forums
- Conference specific social media feed
High Quality Content Available Both Live and For Viewing over the Next Year
- Sessions will be offered in live formats and also recorded for future viewing (to access recordings, individuals will need to register for the conference even if only viewing content post-event). Conference materials will be posted the day after they occur and will be available for one year to registrants.
- A variety of formats including panels, ask me anything sessions, fireside chats, interactive workshops, and traditional presentation formats will be intermixed.
- Approximately 6 concurrent sessions will be offered during each concurrent session time-slot. Interested in two sessions at the same time? That is ok, catch the recording of the one you missed!
- In addition to session recordings, posters, exhibitor content, forums, attendee directories, and recordings of poster presenters describing their posters will also be available for a year post-event.
Entertainment & Activities
- Improv shows and games
- Cooking demonstrations based on models used to educate college students
- Scavenger hunts with sustainability prizes
- Social mixers
- Best Practice Awards Celebration
- Guided stretching breaks
Virtual Exhibit Hall
- Live video chat with industry experts
- Live lightning talks on sustainability products and services organized by topic area (recordings also available for one year)
- Interactive forums with exhibitors
- Videos highlighting products and services to support your campus in being more sustainable
- Industry case studies highlighting innovative new options for campuses
Virtual Poster Show
- On-demand recordings of poster presenters describing their posters
- Live lightning poster talks organized by topic area (recordings also available for one year)
- Interactive forums with poster presenters
- Ability to take personal notes on poster PDFs that are only seen by the attendee themselves